Join the National Repertory Orchestra (NRO) Operations Team for an unforgettable summer in Breckenridge, CO!
The NRO has an opening for a Community Engagement Manager to lead chamber music programming, education and other promotional events for the 2021 concert season.
The Community Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Operations and Education, oversees the Community Engagement Fellow, and works closely with the Orchestra Manager, Production Manager, Music Librarians, Music Director, Director of Marketing, and Director of Development to ensure clear communication for the community and promotional events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and develop all NRO Community Engagement (CE) programs, including but not limited to:
- Assign and schedule community and promotional ensembles.
- Develop chamber ensembles’ interactive performance plans.
- Manage production needs and timelines for all events.
- Distribute and collect musician performance plans and post-concert surveys.
- Attend all community engagement events and orchestra concerts.
- Manage the chamber music library and catalog.
- Manage all instrument petting zoos and maintain instruments.
- Assist with CE event set-up and live amplification.
- Assist guest conductor with Family Concert planning
- Provide quality customer service; customers defined as all stakeholders.
- Supervise the Community Engagement Fellow, who will assist the manager on all above responsibilities.
- Remote pre-season work includes familiarization with CE programs, drafting work timelines, forming CE groups, and assigning repertoire.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in arts administration and/or chamber music experience is required.
- Ability to read music and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Applicant must be able to handle confidential situations with an even-tempered and professional approach.
- Must work well under pressure, prioritize effectively, and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to supply your own computer.
- Valid driver’s license required. Supplying own vehicle preferred.
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player. Sense of humor preferred.
Please note that the arrival date is June 6, 2021, with a departure on August 6, 2021.
$2,975-$3,400 (DOE), employee housing and weekly grocery stipend.
The NRO is committed to the safety and well-being of our fellows, staff, patrons and our entire community. We will continue to practice the prevention and transmission of coronavirus with regular COVID-19 testing for staff and fellows, physical distancing, masks and adhering to public health guidelines.
All participants (staff and fellows) of the 2021 National Repertory Orchestra must be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 Virus two weeks before arrival in Summit County. Each participant is required to provide evidence, if available, from the appropriate vaccinating authority that the shot (or shots) have been administered and that no symptoms have arisen within the appropriate time frame. If proof of vaccination is not available from a particular state, a signed affidavit by the participant will be required. These should be provided to the NRO office when the vaccination is complete.
Send a cover letter, resume and a list of at least three references (include contact information and how you know them) in PDF format to email@example.com with “Community Engagment Manager” as the subject line.
Open until filled.