Director of Operations and Education
October 14, 2020 – The National Repertory Orchestra (NRO) announces the immediate opening for Director of Operations and Education. This year-round position offers a competitive salary, healthcare, retirement benefits, and merit-based bonus opportunities.
Friday, November 6, 2020, at 5:00 PM, MST
The Director of Operations and Education is responsible for the overall logistics of the National Repertory Orchestra, including the areas of orchestra management, artist relations, production, audio, music library, and community engagement and the organization of education events for NRO fellows and the community.
The position oversees the selection and seating of the orchestra, the operational requirements for all services, support for musicians, and educational activities related to the orchestra, community engagement and school/after-school programs. The position also assists the CEO as assigned, to support the Strategic Plan and other aspects of development, marketing, and event planning. The DOE serves as a key member of the interface with the Town of Breckenridge, Breckenridge Creative Arts, Summit County Schools, other community leadership organizations, and other arts organizations. In the summer, the position provides supervisory leadership to a 14-member team of operations managers and fellows.
- Have strong leadership qualities to direct all operations and education activities with history in a leadership position.
- Be a self-starter with a minimum of five years of experience in orchestral and/or music festival positions with a proven track record in managing staff and a busy production calendar.
- Have extensive experience in education initiatives.
- Be familiar with OPAS and other software programs including Microsoft Office and Accept’d.
- Have supervisory experience running a national audition.
- Have experience managing operations staff, budget, personnel, front of house, and back of house activities.
- Experience in working successfully with staff and a Board of Trustees.
The Director of Operations and Education will work closely with the CEO in all endeavors.
About the National Repertory Orchestra
The NRO is an eight-week summer music festival offering approximately 21 orchestra performances, over 30 community engagement performances and 10-15 educational programs.
The National Repertory Orchestra budget is approximately $1,200,000.
The National Repertory Orchestra is a preeminent intensive summer music festival developing diverse, thoughtful and socially conscious musicians through experiential learning. We inspire young musicians to be great leaders in their communities while Changing Lives Through Music!
Breaking barriers between education, performance and community to develop 21st-century musicians!