The National Repertory Orchestra offers experiential learning on the ins and outs of an orchestra and a thriving career in the Arts! Spend a summer with our artistically minded team in Breckenridge, CO and build your on-the-ground, professional experience.
The Personnel Fellow is a career-developing opportunity to work with exceptionally talented musicians and interact with internationally acclaimed artists, educators, and conductors. Assisting with preparing rosters, orchestra service schedules and coordinating NRO masterclasses and seminars are just a few of the essential roles.
An ideal candidate has a positive mindset and will demonstrate excellent leadership qualities and interpersonal skills. This individual can also read music, prioritize effectively, share a passion for the Arts, and confidently contribute to the future of classical music.
The Personnel Fellow can expect to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the fellowship having gained a broad understanding of non-profit operations and orchestra personnel management. The fellow reports to the Orchestra Manager and works closely with the Director of Operations, Music Librarians, Music Director, Guest Conductors, Production Manager, and Artist Liaison Fellow to ensure clear communication between orchestra and staff.
Why You Will Love the NRO:
The NRO is an inclusive organization dedicated to teamwork and a highly communicative atmosphere. This professional workplace encourages interaction, synergy, positive feedback, and goal-oriented individuals, all working together to enhance the future of classical music and the Arts.
Our vision is to break barriers between education, performance, and community to develop 21st-century musicians!
What You Will Do:
Assist the Orchestra Manager in the daily functions of the personnel office, including but not limited to:
- Prepare daily orchestra service schedules and rosters (including runouts, masterclasses, seminars, and concerts)
- Enforce the orchestra members contractual obligations in relation to duties and decorum
- Secure extra personnel as needed and approved
- Manage the beginning and ending of rehearsals and breaks
- Distribute materials and weekly stipends to the orchestra
- Coordinate pre-season and post-season musician housing assignments and inspections
- Assist in the coordination of masterclasses and seminars
- Manage personnel counts and catering for runouts
- Provide quality customer service; customers defined as all stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous orchestra experience is required
- Ability to read music and proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Must be able to handle confidential situations with an even-tempered and professional approach
- Must work well under pressure, prioritize effectively, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to lift, move or transport up to 35 pounds
- Must be able to supply your own computer
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- FREE employee/fellowship housing in Breckenridge
- Weekly food stipend
Your Time in Breckenridge:
The fellowship will begin on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, with the last working day on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Breckenridge Arrival: Monday, June 6, 2022 / Breckenridge Departure: Friday, August 19, 2022
How to Apply:
Prepare a one-page resume along with a cover letter and a list of at least three references complete with their contact information and relationship to you. Send to email@example.com by Friday, February 4, 2022, at 5:00 PM, MST. Please type “Personnel Fellow” in the subject line.
The National Repertory Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and celebrates our employees’ differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ability, or Veteran status.