The National Repertory Orchestra offers experiential learning on the ins and outs of an orchestra and a thriving career in the Arts! Spend a summer with our artistically minded team in Breckenridge, CO and build your on-the-ground, professional experience.
The Marketing and Photography Fellow is ideal for someone with a knack for capturing photos and storytelling through a lens.
A strong candidate is tapped into digital culture and willing to sync with classical music enthusiasts and online communities. Making connections and working directly with third-party professional photographers, videographers, production, media teams, public relations firms and graphic designers is a priority for the position.
This individual can expect to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the fellowship having gained a broad understanding of non-profit operations and marketing. Based out of the administrative offices, the Marketing and Photography Fellow will report to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the CEO, Director of Operations, Director of Development, Director of Finance, the Marketing Fellow along with the Development Fellow, Orchestra Manager, and other staff.
Why You Will Love the NRO:
The NRO is an inclusive organization dedicated to teamwork and a highly communicative atmosphere. This professional workplace encourages interaction, synergy, positive feedback, and goal-oriented individuals, all working together to enhance the future of classical music and the Arts.
Our vision is to break barriers between education, performance, and community to develop 21st-century musicians!
What You Will Do:
- Work in tandem with the Marketing Fellow building digital assets and photo and/or video content for social media channels, website, blogs, e-newsletters, and bulk e-blasts
- Produce musician, alumni, and Board features
- Assist in scheduling and liaising with third-party media teams
- Create graphics and visual pieces showcasing programming, soloists, sponsors, and upcoming events during NRO concerts
- Manage and coordinate photography and videography calendars, archives and photo releases for orchestral performances, class photos, masterclass sessions, special events, NRO in the community, sustainer, and donor receptions
- Collaborate with graphic design groups on NRO ad placements and consistent messaging
- Assist in audience, musician, and fellowship development through satisfaction surveys with testimonial photo compilation for NRO Impact and Annual Reports
- Attend concerts, runouts and special events representing the NRO and provide guest interaction tools via handouts, app information and on-site storytelling
- Help coordinate special events, outreach, and community engagement events, including but not limited to set-up, ideal signage placement, and tear-down
- Other duties as assigned
- General familiarity of and passion for music and the Arts
- Working knowledge of photography and general understanding of graphic design, online and print advertising, and creative marketing campaigns
- Creative ability to capture NRO photos and video reels via phone or personal camera device for visual content
- Cross-ability to assist with videography initiatives
- Uncanny eye for detail with an inclusive mentality
- Team-work attitude and desire to help others to be successful
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects
- Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn editing software and graphic tools like Adobe Photoshop Elements or Canva
- Must be able to supply your own computer
- Ability to lift, move or transport up to 35 pounds
- FREE employee/fellowship housing in Breckenridge
- Weekly food stipend
Your Time in Breckenridge:
The fellowship will begin on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, with the last working day on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Breckenridge Arrival: Monday, June 6, 2022 / Breckenridge Departure: Friday, August 19, 2022
How to Apply:
Prepare a one-page resume along with a cover letter or a portfolio of your work and a list of at least three references complete with their contact information and relationship to you. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 4, 2022, at 5:00 PM, MST. Please type “Marketing and Photography Fellow” in the subject line.
The National Repertory Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and celebrates our employees’ differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ability, or Veteran status.