The National Repertory Orchestra offers experiential learning on the ins and outs of an orchestra and a thriving career in the Arts! Spend a summer with our artistically minded team in Breckenridge, CO and build your on-the-ground, professional experience.
The Community Engagement Manager will have the opportunity to work closely with today’s top Community Engagement (CE) professionals. This individual will experience successes in an ever-important field and will build a program of events to inspire and connect audiences with the future of classical music.
The Community Engagement Manager leads the educational and promotional events of the NRO and manages chamber music programming for the duration of the festival. The Community Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Operations, oversees the Community Engagement Fellow, and works closely with the Orchestra Manager, Production Manager, Music Librarians, Music Director, Director of Marketing, and Director of Development to ensure clear communication for community and promotional events.
Why You Will Love the NRO:
The NRO is an inclusive organization dedicated to teamwork and a highly communicative atmosphere. This professional workplace encourages interaction, synergy, positive feedback, and goal-oriented individuals, all working together to enhance the future of classical music and the Arts.
Our vision is to break barriers between education, performance, and community to develop 21st-century musicians!
What You Will Do:
Manage and develop all NRO Community Engagement (CE) programs, including but not limited to:
- Assign and schedule community and promotional ensembles
- Develop chamber ensembles’ interactive performance plans
- Manage production needs and timelines for all events
- Distribute and collect musician performance plans and post-concert surveys
- Attend all community engagement events and orchestra concerts
- Manage the chamber music library and catalog
- Manage all instrument petting zoos and maintain instruments
- Assist with CE event set-up and live amplification
- Assist guest conductor with Family Concert planning
- Provide quality customer service; customers defined as all stakeholders
- Supervise the Community Engagement Fellow, who will assist the manager on all above responsibilities
- Remote pre-season work includes familiarization with CE programs, drafting work timelines, forming CE groups, and assigning repertoire
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in arts administration and/or chamber music experience is required
- Ability to read music and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Applicant must be able to handle confidential situations with an even-tempered and professional approach
- Must work well under pressure, prioritize effectively, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to lift, move or transport up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to supply your own computer
- Valid driver’s license required
- Supplying own vehicle preferred
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player. Sense of humor preferred.
- $3,500-$4,500 (DOE)
- FREE employee housing in Breckenridge
- Weekly food stipend
Your Time in Breckenridge:
The position will begin on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, with the last working day on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Breckenridge Arrival: Monday, June 6, 2022 / Breckenridge Departure: Friday, August 19, 2022
How to Apply:
Prepare a one-page resume along with a cover letter and a list of at least three references complete with their contact information and relationship to you. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 4, 2022, at 5:00 PM, MST. Please type “Community Engagement Manager” in the subject line.
The National Repertory Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and celebrates our employees’ differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ability, or Veteran status.