The National Repertory Orchestra offers experiential learning on the ins and outs of an orchestra and a thriving career in the Arts! Spend a summer with our artistically minded team in Breckenridge, CO and build your on-the-ground, professional experience.
The Community Engagement Fellow will help develop interactive performances connecting a diverse group of audiences on and off the stage! This fellowship fosters growth in creating relationships with supporters and patrons, public speaking and linking people of all ages with music.
An ideal candidate can think creatively and inspire listeners, thrive under pressure, introduce musicians and welcome guests, set up and operate portable sound equipment, and have a sense of humor, (because we all need a good laugh from time to time.)
The Community Engagement Fellow can expect to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the fellowship having gained a broad understanding of non-profit operations and effective outreach programming. The Community Engagement Fellow reports to the Community Engagement Manager and works closely with the Director of Operations, Orchestra Manager, Music Librarian, Music Director, and Production Manager.
Why You Will Love the NRO:
The NRO is an inclusive organization dedicated to teamwork and a highly communicative atmosphere. This professional workplace encourages interaction, synergy, positive feedback, and goal-oriented individuals, all working together to enhance the future of classical music and the Arts.
Our vision is to break barriers between education, performance, and community to develop 21st-century musicians!
What You Will Do:
- Assist the Community Engagement Manager in the daily functions of the festival
- Schedule community and promotional ensembles
- Develop chamber ensembles’ interactive performance plans
- Attend all community engagement events and orchestra concerts
- Assist with all instrument petting zoos and maintain instruments
- Assist with CE event set-up and live amplification
- Assist CE Manager and guest conductor with Family Concert planning
- Introduce ensembles and welcome audiences at performances
- Provide quality customer service; customers defined as all stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous orchestral and/or chamber music experience required
- Ability to read music and computer skills are required
- Applicant must be able to handle confidential situations with an even-tempered and professional approach
- Must work well under pressure, prioritize effectively, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to lift, move or transport up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to supply your own computer
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player. Sense of humor preferred.
- FREE employee/fellowship housing in Breckenridge
- Weekly food stipend
Your Time in Breckenridge:
The fellowship will begin on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, with the last working day on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Breckenridge Arrival: Monday, June 6, 2022 / Breckenridge Departure: Friday, August 19, 2022
How to Apply:
Prepare a one-page resume along with a cover letter and a list of at least three references complete with their contact information and relationship to you. Send to email@example.com by Friday, February 4, 2022, at 5:00 PM, MST. Please type “Community Engagement Fellow” in the subject line.
The National Repertory Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and celebrates our employees’ differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ability, or Veteran status.