The National Repertory Orchestra offers experiential learning on the ins and outs of an orchestra and a thriving career in the Arts! Spend a summer with our artistically minded team in Breckenridge, CO and build your on-the-ground, professional experience.
Learn how a successful summer music festival is managed by its leaders! The CEO Administrative Assistant Fellow is the most versatile fellowship at the NRO. This individual will work directly with all staff while participating in a festival-long project and experiencing the essential operations of a non-profit group.
An exceptional candidate is detail-oriented, can manage multiple tasks at one time, can effectively communicate with a variety of audiences and community partners, will enjoy researching music and music groups, and has a desire to learn how multiple departments work together to support the mission and goals of the organization.
Applicants can expect to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the fellowship having gained a broad understanding of non-profit arts management. Applicants should be interested in orchestra and festival management, finance, marketing, special events, development, and workplace flow. Based out of the administrative offices, the CEO Administrative Fellow will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with the Director of Operations, Director of Development, Director of Marketing, Director of Finance, and other fellows and staff.
Why You Will Love the NRO:
The NRO is an inclusive organization dedicated to teamwork and a highly communicative atmosphere. This professional workplace encourages interaction, synergy, positive feedback, and goal-oriented individuals, all working together to enhance the future of classical music and the Arts.
Our vision is to break barriers between education, performance, and community to develop 21st-century musicians!
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for scheduling meetings, phone calls, appearances, and all other engagements for the CEO
- Be involved in communications with staff, musicians, and community partners
- Research music and musical groups as assigned by the CEO
- Work on special projects as assigned by staff specific to development, marketing, and special events
- Answer office phones, attend rehearsals, outreach events, special events and concerts
- Assist with a variety of roles at concerts and special events, including but not limited to set-up, clean-up, selling merchandise and working in the Ticket Office
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- A positive, professional, timely, and efficient demeanor
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Able to interact with donors, volunteers, and staff in varied situations.
- Must be able to supply own computer and be computer savvy
- Ability to lift, move or transport up to 35 pounds
- Knowledge of classical music is a plus
- Above all, must be a team player
- FREE employee/fellowship housing in Breckenridge
- Weekly food stipend
Your Time in Breckenridge:
The fellowship will begin on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, with the last working day on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Breckenridge Arrival: Monday, June 6, 2022 / Breckenridge Departure: Friday, August 19, 2022
How to Apply:
Prepare a one-page resume along with a cover letter and a list of at least three references complete with their contact information and relationship to you. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 4, 2022, at 5:00 PM, MST. Please type “CEO Administrative Assistant Fellow” in the subject line.
The National Repertory Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and celebrates our employees’ differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ability, or Veteran status.