The National Repertory Orchestra offers experiential learning on the ins and outs of an orchestra and a thriving career in the Arts! Spend a summer with our artistically minded team in Breckenridge, CO and build your on-the-ground, professional experience.
The Assistant Production Manager is an accelerated summer opportunity to enhance your technical skills in lighting, sound and stage management while working directly with some of the most talented musicians in the nation and world-renowned conductors and guest artists.
The Assistant Production Manager reports directly to the Production Manager and is part of a six-person production and audio team. The production staff is also aided by eight stage crew members (musician work-study) in the set-up and strike of the stage. The Assistant Production Manager is expected to work closely and effectively with the entire production/audio team, Director of Operations, Orchestra Manager, Music Librarians, Music Director, and Guest Conductors to ensure clear communication regarding production needs for the festival and clear dissemination of this information.
Why You Will Love the NRO:
The NRO is an inclusive organization dedicated to teamwork and a highly communicative atmosphere. This professional workplace encourages interaction, synergy, positive feedback, and goal-oriented individuals, all working together to enhance the future of classical music and the Arts.
Our vision is to break barriers between education, performance, and community to develop 21st-century musicians!
What You Will Do:
The Assistant Production Manager will assist in the set-up of chairs, stands, instruments, podium, lighting, sound control, risers and platforms for concerts and rehearsals. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with stage changes, microphone hanging, and additional venue technology
- Assist with sound and lighting needs for all rehearsals and performances including setting overhead lights
- Assist with creation of stage plots and the production packet
- Coordinate backstage room signage and sign-ups
- Maintains manager-on-duty responsibilities including security of the Riverwalk Center
- Manage production needs for all festival events, including rehearsals, run-outs, workshops, sectionals, master classes, performances, special events
- Assist in transportation of all production and percussion equipment including library boxed for runouts
- Assist with pre-concert tech checks, prepare calling cues, and call performances
- Provide quality customer service; customers defined as all stakeholders
- Responsible for enforcing and adhering to all OSHA standards and safety outlines implemented by the Town of Breckenridge staff and/or festival administration
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous orchestral and back-stage experience is required
- At least one year of experience in an orchestral operations setting
- Must be able to handle confidential situations with an even-tempered and professional approach
- Must work well under pressure and prioritize effectively
- The job requires manual labor: lifting trunks and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds and transporting these trunks and equipment by use of a hand truck to the stage or transport truck for runouts
- This job requires driving large vehicles; a valid driver’s license is required
- Must be able to provide own computer or laptop
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- FREE employee housing in Breckenridge
- Weekly food stipend
Your Time in Breckenridge:
The position will begin on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, with the last working day on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Breckenridge Arrival: Monday, June 6, 2022 / Breckenridge Departure: Friday, August 19, 2022
How to Apply:
Prepare a one-page resume along with a cover letter and a list of at least three references complete with their contact information and relationship to you. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 4, 2022, at 5:00 PM, MST. Please type “Assistant Production Manager” in the subject line.
The National Repertory Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and celebrates our employees’ differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ability, or Veteran status.